- Save up to 75% on the cost of energy efficiency services.
- Get a fast return on your investment—often in less than two years.
- Enhance occupant comfort and indoor air quality.
RCx is the process of monitoring, troubleshooting and adjusting electrical, mechanical and control systems in existing buildings to optimize energy performance. The BGE RCx Program offers financial incentives for identifying and implementing relatively low-cost operational and maintenance improvements.
Energy Savings and Incentives
- Typical energy savings can range from 5% to 15% without significant capital investment.
- The BGE RCx Program provides financial incentives to cover up to 75% of the service costs, with a per-project cap of up to $15,000 for Enhanced Operations & Maintenance or $30,000 for Full RCx Services.
The BGE RCx Program offers two building performance services:
- Enhanced O&M Services, for facilities less than 75,000 square feet.
- Full RCx Services, for facilities more than 75,000 square feet.
Over time, commercial buildings and industrial processes frequently undergo operational changes that can hinder optimal energy performance. Today’s systems are highly interactive, increasing the need for proper integration. Small problems can have big effects on performance.
RCx helps ensure that building equipment and systems are integrated so they perform together effectively and efficiently to meet your current operating requirements and expectations. This yields a number of benefits for your business:
- Return equipment to its proper operational state.
- Extend equipment service life.
- Reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- Improve occupant comfort and reduce complaints.
- Improve outside air control and indoor air quality.
- Optimize operation of chiller and other equipment.
- Adjust and correct equipment operating schedules.
Detailed information on the Retrocommissioning Program can be found in the Participant Manual.
To assist customers in performing Full RCx Services, BGE has a group of participating RCx Service Providers. If a customer wishes to use a Service Provider that is not currently participating, the Service Provider can apply here.
For customers wishing to participate in Enhanced O&M Services, they may select a Full RCx Services Service Provider OR an Energy Solutions for Business Service Provider. If a customer wishes to use a service provider that has not been participating, the service provider must contact a BGE Smart Energy Savers Program® representative at 410.290.1202.