Cooling Efficiency Improvement Program
The BGE Cooling Efficiency Improvement Program goes above and beyond the typical seasonal tune-up to evaluate your equipment and make necessary adjustments to ensure that your system is operating as efficiently as possible. This service can help you save energy and money, while improving your home’s comfort. A rebate of $100 is available for this service—ask your contractor if your system qualifies.
Getting your rebate is as easy as 1-2-3
- Determine your eligibility.
- Choose an approved participating contractor.
- Have your contractor perform your cooling efficiency improvement and submit the rebate application.
Plus, take advantage of our $250 Duct Sealing rebate to save even more!
What to Expect
- Performance Measurement: The contractor will measure the performance of your system by taking specific readings and calculating the efficiency of the system. If your system meets a minimum of 90% operating efficiency, then the system will be eligible for the $100 rebate.
- Maintenance: Contractors may perform maintenance repairs that they typically would with a maintenance check (this may not be enough to get to the efficiency level the program requires). If your system meets a minimum of 90% operating efficiency, then the system will be eligible for the $100 rebate.
- Repairs: If your system doesn’t meet the 90% operating efficiency, repairs may be needed to bring your system up to necessary operating efficiency to qualify for the rebate.
Maintenance Agreement vs. Cooling Efficiency Improvement
Maintenance/Service Agreements help maintain systems whereas the Cooling Efficiency Improvement Program diagnoses the efficiency of your system and helps the contractor see if other repairs are needed to bring the system up to peak performance. Think of it this way: it’s like having an oil change on your car every 3,000 miles (Maintenance Agreement) and the 65,000 mile tune up (Cooling Efficiency Improvement Program) where the mechanics dig deeper into the engine to look at additional items and replace things that help improve the car like spark plugs, belts, hoses, etc.