New Contractors: Sign Up Now!
Boost Your Sales with Energy Efficiency Rebates
The BGE Smart Energy Savers Program® provides a variety of rebates worth up to $1,150 per system to encourage homeowners to improve the energy efficiency of their heating and cooling equipment. These rebates represent an important sales opportunity for contractors and service providers who can offer high-quality equipment and services to their customers. Become a participating contractor today!
- Qualified Heating and Cooling Equipment Rebates $150–$500 Rebate
- Cooling Efficiency Improvement Program $100 Rebate
- Duct Sealing Program - $250 Rebate
How to Participate
Simply follow the 3 steps below to enroll as a participating HVAC contractor or service provider.
Step 1: Review the resources relevant to your areas of expertise.
- Cooling Efficiency Improvement
- Duct Sealing
Step 2: Fill out and submit the Contractor Participation Agreement and upload a current copy of your Maryland HVACR license, W-9 Form, and Certificate of Insurance. You must wait for confirmation of enrollment and attend program training before you go on to Step 3 and print and begin submitting any rebate applications.
Step 3: Click here to fill out and submit the relevant rebate application forms and worksheets for each service performed for each customer.
- Contractors must be registered with and approved by the program before the work is completed, must attend program training and must submit the rebate application and all associated documentation on behalf of the customer.
- The BGE customer’s home must be a separately metered, single-family unit (detached or attached*) with a gas or electric system.
- The customer applying for a qualifying central A/C unit, air source heat pump, geothermal heat pump and/or ductless mini-split AC or heat pump incentive must receive electric distribution service from BGE.
- The customer applying for a qualifying gas furnace incentive must receive gas distribution service from BGE.
- This offer is not valid for new construction homes or commercial properties.
- To be processed, rebate applications must be accompanied by an invoice for the completed work that includes:
- Full name of the BGE account holder
- Premise location where the work was completed
- Service date
- Complete cost of the work performed.
- Model and serial number of equipment installed
*Attached units are defined as duplexes, condominiums or townhouses. Multifamily residential units are not eligible.