Here's a bright idea! Switching to ENERGY STAR® certified lighting can help you save energy and money. And, with discounts, rebates and recycling rewards from the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program®, you can save even more!
Receiving your discount is easy! Instant discounts from the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program are included in your purchase price—so stock up and start saving energy and money today!
How do LEDs and CFLs compare to traditional incandescent bulbs?
- Energy Efficiency. They use 70-90% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- Cost Savings. Improved energy efficiency means each bulb can save you $30 to $80 in electricity costs over its lifetime.*
- Long Life. They can last 10 to 25 times longer, so you don't have to replace them as often, which is great for hard-to-reach places.
- Variety. LEDs and CFLs come in a variety of styles, lumens and temperatures—from dimmable candelabras to bright spotlights—so you’ll find options to fit almost any fixture in your home.
- Instant Discounts. Select ENERGY STAR certified LEDs and CFLs qualify for instant discounts, which saves you even more!