- Save up to 75% on the cost of energy efficiency services.
- Get a fast return on your investment—often in less than two years.
- Enhance occupant comfort and indoor air quality.
Building Tune-up is the process of monitoring, troubleshooting and adjusting electrical, mechanical and control systems in existing buildings to optimize energy performance. The BGE Building Tune-up Program offers financial incentives for identifying and implementing relatively low-cost operational and maintenance improvements.
Energy Savings and Incentives
- Typical energy savings can range from 5% to 15% without significant capital investment.
- The BGE Building Tune-up Program provides financial incentives to cover up to 75% of the service costs, with a per-project cap of up to $15,000 for Small Building Tune-up or $30,000 for Large Building Tune-up Services.
The Building Tune-up Program offers the following services:
- Enhanced Unitary HVAC Maintenance, for direct-expansion rooftop units and split systems.
- Small Building Tune-up Services, for facilities less than 75,000 square feet.
- Large Building Tune-up Services, for facilities more than 75,000 square feet.
Over time, commercial buildings and industrial processes frequently undergo operational changes that can hinder optimal energy performance. Today’s systems are highly interactive, increasing the need for proper integration. Small problems can have big effects on performance.
Building Tune-up Services help ensure that building equipment and systems are integrated so they perform together effectively and efficiently to meet your current operating requirements and expectations. This yields a number of benefits for your business:
- Return equipment to its proper operational state.
- Extend equipment service life.
- Reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- Improve occupant comfort and reduce complaints.
- Improve outside air control and indoor air quality.
- Optimize operation of chiller and other equipment.
- Adjust and correct equipment operating schedules.