Get technical assistance and financial incentives for new construction, additions and major renovation projects that are still in the early design phase. Customers can identify and maximize comprehensive energy efficiency opportunities at the beginning of the design phase to incorporate energy efficiency systems into the design, construction and operation of their projects.
Comprehensive New Construction projects are eligible for additional incentives through the Technical Services and Design Assistance offerings. Comprehensive New Construction projects require a building performance modeling study to help you identify and analyze potential energy efficiency projects. To participate, you must have a comprehensive study performed by a BGE-approved Technical Services Provider.
Pre-approval from BGE is required for all Comprehensive New Construction Incentives Applications prior to design, purchase or installation of equipment.
- Engage in early brainstorming sessions to incorporate maximum energy efficiency into the design of your facility.
- Maximize energy savings potential by examining the building as an integrated system.
- Identify cost-effective design alternatives prior to final design to save energy.
- Design additional energy efficiency into your green building project when pursuing LEED.
- Get rebates up to 90% of the incremental cost differential for comprehensive design.
- Provide better comfort, health and productivity for building occupants.
New construction is defined as a new building, or space within a new building, where a licensed professional architect or engineer is preparing and certifying building plans. Projects that are a major renovation will be considered under this application. Major renovation projects are those where a licensed professional architect or engineer is preparing and certifying building plans for the reconstruction of an existing space.
Incentives are available to non-residential customers in the BGE service territory (Rate Schedule GL, P or T) regardless of your electricity and/or gas supplier.
New construction projects not covered by the Comprehensive Design and Green Building Tracks include:
- Simple or small projects (buildings under 75,000 square feet).
- Projects that are advanced in the design process.
- Projects with accelerated design or building schedules.