Heating & Cooling
Get $100 to $1,800 in rebates from BGE’s Smart Energy Savers Program on high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment and services, while improving your home’s energy efficiency and comfort. Heating and air conditioning (HVAC) account for up to 50% of the energy you use at home. A properly installed and maintained heating and cooling system can reduce your energy use, improve comfort, and help you save money. If your home has multiple systems, you could save even more!
In addition, the Maryland Clean Energy Center offers loans to help cover the cost of certain home improvements.
Choose Your Rebate
- HVAC Equipment: $300-$1,250
- Geothermal Heat Pumps: $1,800
- Ductless Mini-Split Systems: $200-$400
- Cooling Efficiency Improvements: $100
Save Even More!
As you consider an investment in new HVAC equipment, you may also want to consider having a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Audit for your home. A certified auditor will use state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment to perform a comprehensive home energy audit and determine how improvements throughout your home can work together to maximize energy efficiency and savings. Some of these tests may include:
- A blower door test that uses the combination of pressure and airflow measurements to determine your home’s air leakage, which contributes to higher energy costs.
- Thermographic camera tests that use infrared images to assess the effectiveness of your home’s insulation. Insulation directly impacts a home’s comfort and energy efficiency performance.
- Combustion and safety testing to detect carbon monoxide and natural gas leaks.
In some cases a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Audit may identify opportunities to reduce the potential size of your HVAC system, thereby saving you money on the cost of a new system and operating costs.
And if you have a specific issue, like a bedroom that’s always too hot or too cold, your contractor will find out why.
In addition to the Home Performance with Energy Star Audit, which costs just $100* (a $400 value) for BGE customers, some of the following simple, energy-saving measures may be installed with your permission at no additional charge:
- 12 compact fluorescent lights (CFLs)
- Four faucet aerators
- Two efficient-flow showerheads
- Pipe insulation (installed on hot and cold pipes from electric water heater)
- Electric water heater tank wrap
To find a participating Home Performance with ENERGY STAR contractor click here.
Renters and Landlords
If you are a renter or landlord applying for an appliance rebate, you may need to send in an additional form with your appliance rebate, or you may need to use a different form altogether. Learn More.
* The $100 offer is valid for homes up to 3,000 square feet with a single combustion appliance zone. Audits of larger homes or ones with multiple combustion appliance zones may cost more. Customers should discuss the cost with their selected participating contractor.