At BGE, safety is our top priority. As part of our commitment to safety, we’re closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, contractors and employees. At this time, scheduled appointments under the Quick Home Energy Check-up Program will be canceled, and we’ll contact you to reschedule at a later date. In addition, we’re no longer scheduling new appointments. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back soon for updates.
Looking for ways to keep costs down while you’re spending more time at home? These energy-saving tips can help.
Check out our list of federal, state and local COVID-19 resources for information on everything from health and safety guidelines to loans and tax credits for residents and businesses.
Quick Home Energy Check-up
A Quick Home Energy Check-up is a fast, easy way to learn about your home's energy efficiency and start saving energy immediately. It's a one-hour walk-through of your home with a certified checkup professional. And, because you're a BGE customer, the Check-up, and the energy-saving products that we install during a Check-up, are provided to you at no additional cost!
How It Works
1. The walk-through. When you schedule a Check-up, one of our energy efficiency professionals will come to your home and perform a walk-through to inspect the condition of the following items:
- Insulation levels
- Air leakage
- Heating and cooling systems
- Windows and doors
- Lighting and appliances
- Water-heating equipment
2. The upgrades. We'll install energy-saving measures that may include the following items, at no additional cost:
- LED light bulbs
- Faucet aerators
- Efficient-flow showerheads
- Water heater pipe insulation
- "Smart" power strips
- ShowerStart® showerhead adapter
3. The report. After the Check-up is completed, you’ll receive a report that includes recommendations to help you reduce your energy use and save money.
Only the certified contractors on this list are authorized to perform Quick Home Energy Check-ups on behalf of BGE.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.