At BGE, safety is our top priority. As part of our commitment to safety, we’re closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, contractors and employees. At this time, scheduled pickup appointments under the Residential Appliance Recycling Program will be canceled, and we’ll contact you to reschedule at a later date. In addition, we’re no longer scheduling new appointments. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back soon for updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is my appliance eligible for the Recycling Program?
To be eligible you must meet the following:
- You must be a BGE residential electric customer with a valid account number.
- Small appliance drop-offs require you have your account number or a copy of a recent BGE electric bill with you at the time of drop-off.
- You must own the refrigerator, freezer, dehumidifier or room air conditioner. The refrigerator and/or freezer must be 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- Your appliance must be in working condition.
- Small appliance drop-off facility will only accept room or window A/C units and dehumidifiers. Refrigerators or freezers will not be accepted.
- An adult age 18 or older must be present at the time of pick-up or drop-off.
- Your appliance will be picked up, at no charge, from the address listed on your billing account.
- There must be a clear and safe passage for unit removal. We cannot remove railings or move furniture in the home.
- The refrigerator, freezer or dehumidifier must be cleaned out, and room air conditioner must be removed from window prior to pickup.
- Elevator access is required for any unit located above the second floor.
- The $50 and/or $25 rewards will be mailed to you within four to six weeks.
- Limit of three large appliances (refrigerator and/or freezer) and four small appliances (room air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers) per BGE residential household between 1/1/2018 and 12/31/2020.