Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is my appliance eligible for the Recycling Program?
To be eligible you must meet the following:
- You must be a BGE residential electric customer with a valid account number.
- Small appliance drop-offs require you have your account number or a copy of a recent BGE electric bill with you at the time of drop-off.
- You must own the refrigerator, freezer, dehumidifier or room air conditioner. The refrigerator and/or freezer must be 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- Your appliance must be in working condition.
- Small appliance drop-off facility will only accept room or window A/C units and dehumidifiers. Refrigerators or freezers will not be accepted.
- An adult age 18 or older must be present at the time of pick-up or drop-off.
- Your appliance will be picked up, at no charge, from the address listed on your billing account.
- There must be a clear and safe passage for unit removal. We cannot remove railings or move furniture in the home.
- The refrigerator, freezer or dehumidifier must be cleaned out, and room air conditioner must be removed from window prior to pickup.
- Elevator access is required for any unit located above the second floor.
- The $50 and/or $25 rewards will be mailed to you within four to six weeks.
- Limit of three large appliances (refrigerator and/or freezer) and four small appliances (room air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers) per BGE residential household between 1/1/2018 and 12/31/2020.