At BGE, safety is our top priority. As part of our commitment to safety, we’re closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, contractors and employees. At this time, BGE recommends that participating contractors and Service Providers only enter buildings with the prior consent of businesses, and that they follow the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommended precautions. Please check back soon for updates.
If you’re building out space for an addition or planning a new construction project, let’s talk. We’ll help you identify opportunities to incorporate energy efficiency into the design, construction and operation of your project, so you’ll be saving energy and money from day one in your new space.
Take advantage of technical assistance and financial incentives that can cover up to 75% of the cost difference between standard- and high-efficiency equipment for new construction projects, additions and major renovations that are still in the early design phase. Plus, you can save up to 50% on the cost of preparing the engineering analysis and energy modeling required to participate in our new construction program.
Choose between the three tracks below.
Why You Should Participate
Prioritizing energy efficiency in new construction projects yields a variety of benefits, as does involving BGE early in the design phase.
- Engage in early brainstorming sessions to incorporate maximum energy efficiency into the design of your facility.
- Maximize energy savings potential by examining the building as an integrated system.
- Identify cost-effective design alternatives prior to final design to save energy.
- Design additional energy efficiency into your green building project when pursuing LEED.
- Get rebates up to 90% of the incremental cost of installing the energy efficiency measures for comprehensive design.
- Improve comfort, health and productivity for building occupants.
Incentives are available to nonresidential customers in the BGE service territory (rate schedules GL, P and T), regardless of your electricity or gas supplier.
New construction is defined as a new building, or space within a new building, where a licensed professional architect or engineer is preparing and certifying building plans. Major renovation projects, those for which a licensed professional architect or engineer is preparing and certifying building plans for the reconstruction of an existing space, also will be considered under this application.
The following new construction projects are not eligible under the Comprehensive Design and Green Building tracks:
- Simple or small projects in buildings under 75,000 square feet (unless mandated through the state or county to follow a high-performance building standard, such as LEED)
- Projects that are advanced in the design process
- Projects with accelerated design or building schedules
However, projects like these may qualify for incentives through our other Energy Solutions for Business program offerings.
For questions about eligibility, contact us at 410.290.1202.
Preapproval from BGE is required before design, purchase or installation of equipment.