Information for Contractors
A growing number of homeowners want to save energy and reduce their utility bills. BGE can help contractors meet that demand through BGE's Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program.
BGE’s program is a regional component of a national effort by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to offer a comprehensive, whole-house approach to improving the energy efficiency and comfort of homes, while helping protect the environment. The program demonstrates how improvements made throughout a home can work together to help homeowners maximize energy savings.
As a participating contractor in BGE’s Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program, you can expand your business and provide customers with more comfortable, safe, and durable homes, while helping reduce their energy usage.
Participating contractors must be certified by the national Building Performance Institute (BPI) and have all the required diagnostic equipment. Participating contractors can offer BGE customers a wide array of energy-smart products and services, including:
- High-efficiency heating and cooling systems
- High-efficiency gas tankless water heaters
- Attic and wall insulation
- Air sealing, duct sealing, and duct repair
- ENERGY STAR certified appliances and lighting
What’s more, you’ll be able to effectively address many of the problems homeowners commonly experience:
- High energy use
- Uncomfortable rooms
- Rooms that don’t heat or cool properly
- Moisture-related problems
- Health and safety issues
BGE is offering an array of financial incentives to help contractors achieve success. BGE provides:
- A contractor rebate of $300 for each audit and the installation of direct install measures
- Customer rebates for eligible measures
BGE is also helping generate valuable leads through marketing efforts by promoting the program to BGE customers.