At BGE, safety is our top priority. As part of our commitment to safety, we’re closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, contractors and employees. At this time, scheduled appointments for home energy audits under the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program will be canceled and rescheduled at a later date. In addition, we’re no longer scheduling new appointments. We apologize for any inconvenience. For any jobs currently being performed by contractors, BGE recommends putting them on hold. However, the final decision is up to you and your contractor. Note that BGE is providing an extension on project completion deadlines. Please check back soon for updates.
How to Participate
To participate in the BGE Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program, simply follow the steps below:
- To get started, fill out an Interest Form. You will then be contacted by one of the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Account Managers, who will explain the program to you and answer any questions.
- Register and take the BPI Building Analyst Training.
- Have at least one staff person achieve BPI Building Analyst Certification and BPI Envelope Professional Certification by passing written and field tests.
- Obtain and maintain EPA’s Lead-Safe Certification.
- Purchase or have available diagnostic equipment, such as a blower door, required of home performance contractors to conduct assessments and sell comprehensive work effectively.
- Download, sign and submit the Contractor Participation Agreement with your Program Application to demonstrate the capacity of your business to participate in the program
- Learn to use the Home Energy Advisor software, a nationally recognized tool for estimating energy savings from proposed work, which helps you:
- Produce professional reports for customers.
- Report evaluations and installed work to the BGE Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program.